Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preparations

Just a week and a half to go now. Very exciting!

There have been some, shall we say, headaches in getting everything in order. Wellesley lost my first transcript, so my acceptance was delayed by quite a bit, which I found out while I was in Amsterdam and could do nothing to help. Just this week, I was accepted to the program, reserved my housing, paid my bill, and learned what it was like to spend $2,500 in one go. I've got a direct flight (thank you god of air travel), and I'll be touching down in Tel Aviv the day before my program starts!

So now that ll that stress is out of the way, I have to think about being there. Make my food/living budget (oh, the falafel I shall cook) and figure out what to pack. Naturally, I went clothes shopping and bought some lovely floor length, super lightweight skirts. I needed something of modest length for visiting Holy sites but still cool enough for the Israeli summer heat.

But the rest is minutia. So for now, it's pack pack pack.

Next post coming to you from Israel!


C

No comments:

Post a Comment