Saturday, June 23, 2012

Travel Time

Ok, I'm all packed. I've managed to fit 5 weeks worth of things in one very large checkable bag, a tiny carry on, and a backpack. I didn't know I could manage like this. Remind me to take much less to college in the fall.

I drive four hours down to Newark today (the closest place I could get a direct flight), then fly out tomorrow afternoon, and touch down in Tel Aviv at 7 am their time. (For those keeping score at home, it's 7 hours ahead of EST). I'm nervous to travel around on my own and for the fun job of finding my way to campus from the airport. But the program offered a group flight on the same one I'm on (bought my own ticket in advance, so tough luck for me, but I got it cheaper, so.), so hopefully I might meet some other students on the flight.

There is a strong probability that I will NOT have internet in my dorm (cue violin chords from Psycho), but there's a library with internet, so I can at least update this every so often. But this of course makes me wonder what I'm going to do with my evenings (Study, says my parents.) Also, if you need to contact me, I will not be as prompt. I will not have my phone, but my email (cbach@wellesley.edu) will be the first thing I check, so that's the best way to reach me.

Other than that, keep your eyes peeled for updates, wish me luck (I can do this, right? Right?), and I'll see you all in August!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment